Regular dental exams are an important part of preventive health care. During a dental exam, Dr. Marneni or hygienist will clean your teeth and identify gum inflammation or bone loss. Dr. Marneni will evaluate your risk of developing tooth decay and other oral health problems, as well as check your face, neck and mouth for abnormalities. A dental exam might also include dental X-rays or other diagnostic procedures
Regular dental exams help protect your oral health and general well-being. A dental exam gives your dentist a chance to provide tips on caring for your teeth and to detect any problems early — when they’re most treatable.
During a dental exam, Dr. Marneni or hygienist will:
- Evaluate your overall health and oral hygiene
- Evaluate your risk of tooth decay, root decay, and gum or bone disease
- Evaluate your need for tooth restoration or tooth replacement
- Check your bite and jaw for problems
- Remove any stains or deposits on your teeth
- Demonstrate proper cleaning techniques for your teeth or dentures
- Assess how much fluoride you’re getting through your diet and use of oral hygiene products
- Take dental X-rays or, if necessary, do other diagnostic procedures.
Oral cancer exam
During your dental exam, Dr. Marneni or hygienist will look for any signs of oral cancer and will feel the area under your jaw, the sides of your neck, and the insides of your lips and cheeks, as well as examine your tongue and the roof and floor of your mouth.
Having Regular dental exams will enable you to maintain good dental health and well being!