Dr. Marneni and staff are specially trained in preventive dental care. They are here to help you achieve and maintain good oral health. Once you have completed any dental care, from simple fillings or crowns, to implants and cosmetic dentistry, the hygienist will help you maintain the new restorations for years and years to come.
What we do during your visit?
- Screen for oral symptoms of other serious illnesses, including heart disease and diabetes
- Screen for oral cancer
- Look for issues, including cavities and gum disease that can be treated before they become much more serious
- Teach, review and reinforce the techniques of good oral hygiene, including effective brushing and flossing
- Take digital x-rays
- Remove hard and soft deposits (calculus and plaque – which contains bacteria) both below and above the gum line and Polish teeth
- Apply cavity-preventative agents, including fluorides wherever needed
- Apply, when indicated, an antibacterial medication , which is placed directly beneath the gums of certain patients, to help slow the deterioration of the bone and soft tissues associated with periodontal disease
- Apply special desensitizing liquids to sensitive teeth
- Counsel on the link between diet and nutrition and oral health
- Work with you to develop a personalized oral health plan
- Summing up the benefits of regular visits to a hygienist for checkups and cleanings:
We believe our dental hygienist plays an essential role in our patients’ oral health and well-being, and our patients agree.