Here at oakheights Family Dentistry we feel a deep sense of responsibility to contribute towards you’re your oral health and overall wellness.
- Safe mercury Removal :Here at oakheights we offer safe mercury filling removal and replace them with other biocompatible materials like Composites, ceramics and zirconia crowns as needed. Removing even one mercury filling from people who are already ill, or unknowingly near their toxic threshold, can make the individual worse unless the proper steps prior to and during removal are followed. Click here to learn more on mercury toxicity:
- Ozone Therapy:
Ozone is a powerful oxidizer and a potent regenerating force. It is a tremendous killer of bacteria, viruses and parasites and fungi with virtually no toxicity at all. It is one of the nature’s best antibiotics. Hence it finds great application in medical and Dentistry all over the world. Here at Oakheights Family Dental we use Ozone therapy for gum diseases, to fight dental and oral infections.
How is Ozone Therapy used in dentistry?
- Periodontal disease: Ozone can be used to help treat periodontal disease by using ozonated water flushed below the gum line and/or ozone gas infiltrated into the gum tissue and supporting tissues.
- Root canals: Ozone can be used to sterilize the canal system and to stimulate faster healing., thereby getting a sterile, bacteria-free root canal system before sealing the canals.
- Decay: Ozone due to its property to oxidize, can get rid of the free radicals, and can permeate through cell membranes of bacterias, viruses and fungis more efficient than any other agents. It finds myriads applications during cavity preparation to control disease and cavities.
- Sensitivity: Because ozone can harden compromised tooth structure, flooding a sensitive area or tooth with ozone gas/water can effectively eliminate sensitivity.
- Safety: Ozone does not have any contraindications with other medications; therefore cross-reactions are not a concern at all. You cannot be allergic to ozone, because you cannot be allergic to oxygen.